Saturday, December 18, 2010

Goodbye 2010 and Hello 2011

2010 is coming to an end and we are going to welcome 2011 in another 13 days. What are the resolutions you have made for 2010 and have you fulfil what you wanted to complete in 2010?

Quite disappointed with myself. Here I am still in the same company, getting additonal workload, getting slightly higher salary after going through a major retrenchment exercise.

During the major retrenchment exercise, I realised that my colleagues located in different countries have worked here for most of their lives and they got retrenched as because we are closing those markets. To be frank, I was quite worried that I was in the retrenchment list.

Not too sure if I should consider myself lucky or unlucky to stay behind. Lucky could mean that I still maintain a job; unlucky meaning more job responsibilities waiting for me.

After this exercise, yes, my work load is heavier than before. I have to learn new things, taking up more responsibilities and also having to stay back in office more often than before.

Am I happy? Yes and No. It's always good to learn more in the course of work. But taking more responsibilities and heavier work load.... really got to depend on situations and also what kind of s**tty stuff I have to handle.

I do hope that everyone has completed whatever you have set for yourself in year 2010. We should prepare ourselves for Year 2011.

No comments: